In an era where the need for alternative fuels are raving across to minimize environmental combustion, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) has emerged as a fine candidate for the mantle.
Long gone are those days when petrol or diesel ran your cars, it’s time we switched to reducing carbon footprint. The need for eco-friendly fuel has made automobile brands looking in for different options. It’s why they are offering CNG cars in India.
To state the facts, these CNG cars are one of the most fuel efficient car in India. Add to that the low pricing of CNG fuel, the current CNG rate in Delhi is Rs 38 per kg, one should definitely get them.
Let us present you the list of top 10 best mileage CNG cars in India. These are all company fitted CNG cars to make sure.
Read also: Upcoming CNG Cars in India
10) Honda Amaze
- Here’s the one you might be waiting for, Honda Amaze CNG. Honda launched a CNG-model for its much-loved sedan Amaze last year.
- This one includes a 1.2 S MT Plus (i-VTEC) engine. It’s primarily a petrol engine modified for CNG option.
- This one comes with a warranty for a period of 2 years and is a stable choice for people seeking CNG-fitted cars in India.
- The Honda Amaze CNG mileage is 18 km/kg. This one remains one of the best cars under 7 lakhs.
Price- Rs 6.50 Lakhs
- If you’ve been a Hyundai enthusiast over your life, here’s one from Hyundai CNG cars for you. This one is a compact sedan model equipped with CNG kit.
- It is available in only selected cities of India like Delhi and more.
- The model remains unaltered mechanically form the petrol variant as it bears the same 1.2l 70 Bhp engine.
- It allows a mileage of 19.1 km/kg and comes laden with two years’ warranty from the manufacturing company. A nice choice for the best car under 6 lakhs in India.
Price- Rs 5.37 Lakhs
8) Maruti Eeco Green CNG
- It’s time Maruti entered into the list, isn’t it? Here’s a multi-utility vehicle (MUV) from Maruti Suzuki.
- This one remains the only people carrier vehicle with company fitted CNG kit. It has an engine displacement of 1196 cc and bears 73 Bhp of power.
- The drive remains rear wheel drive and has a manual transmission. It has a mileage of 20 km/kg.
Price- Rs 4.25 Lakhs
7) Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- Here are another Maruti CNG cars for those looking for a trusted piece of the vehicle.
- Maruti Suzuki marketed Ertiga as a life-utility vehicle and has been one of the top sellers for them. This one remains MPV and is the only MPV available in CNG variant in today’s date.
- The CNG kit-attached Ertiga runs on a 13373 VVT petrol engine and has a power of 81 Bhp. The mileage stats read 22.08 km/kg for CNG and 16.02 km/ltr or petrol.
Price- Rs 8.13 Lakhs
6) Hyundai Grand i10
- An offering of Hyundai Motors, this one is a CNG-fitted model on the much loved Grand i10 model.
- However, the CNG fitted model is available only in selected cities like Delhi and more.
- This one comes equipped with a 1.2 ltr petrol engine providing a power of 70 Bhp. It has a 5-speed manual transmission and offers seating capacity for five persons.
- The mileage is stated at 22 km/kg for CNG fuel.
- The CNG kit comes fitted from the company and is covered under the 2-year warranty.
Price- Additional Rs 70,000 on the Regular Pric
5) Tata Indigo eCS
- One from the famed Tata Motors, this one is definitely worth a shot. It balances out the features and design quite fittingly.
- This one comes equipped with a CNG kit from the company in a 1.2l engine. The engine displacement of 1193 cc offers a power of 65 Bhp and has a torque of 100 Nm.
- It has front wheel drive option and offers seating space for five persons. The certified mileage is 24.6 km/kg of CNG fuel.
- This one is available in two variants and are priced differently.
Price- Rs 3.96 Lakhs and Rs 4.32 Lakhs
Read also: Mahindra KUV100
4) Maruti Suzuki Celerio Green
- A hatchback model that offered more than any other car in its segment, this one was further expanded into a new variant with a CNG-kit.
- Known as the Celerio Green, this one has 1.0 ltr engine with a power of 58 Bhp.
- The installed CNG kit is a patented IGPI system and bears resemblance to the one used in Ertiga and more.
- It has an impressive mileage of 31.79 km/kg which makes it one of the best fuel efficient car in India.
Price- Rs 4.99 Lakhs
3) Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
- A preferred option for those looking for the best CNG car in India or for the first-timers, this one satisfies all the quench.
- It has a 998 cc petrol engine with a company fitted CNG-kit. The power speaks of 59 PS while the torque states 78 Nm.
- It has a high mileage of 32.26 km/kg on CNG while the petrol mileage is 24.07 km/ltr.
- Definitely one of the best car under 5 lakhs.
Price- Rs 4.8 Lakhs
2) Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- The entry-level offering from Maruti Suzuki is available in CNG variant, much joy to the people seeking Maruti CNG car.
- The most sought after hatchback of India is powered with a 796 cc engine and bears a power of 40 Bhp along with a torque of 60 Nm.
- It has a five-speed manual transmission and is powered by CNG fuel.
- The mileage stats reveal a mouth whopping 34.44 km/kg making it one of the best economy car in India.
- This one remains one of the best cars below 4 lakhs.
Price- Rs 3.72 Lakhs
1) Tata Nano eMax
- Tata Motors added the CNG variant to their repertoire with this one. The cheapest car in India can now be traced with a CNG model. This one has an advanced switching system between CNG and petrol allowing effortless driving experience.
- It has a sequential gas injection system and allows 150 km touring on CNG fuel. Add to that the existing touring capacity on petrol for 375 km, it’s a win-win.
- It has a mileage of 36km/kg making it one of the best mileage car in India and further remains one of the best CNG cars of India.
Price- Rs 2.88 Lakhs
You’re itching to get behind the wheels of these, aren’t you? Well, the road’s waiting for you. Go on, get the one interesting you from the nearby showroom.